The 2018-19 year was one of the most successful in the 10-year history of Davidson Day School Athletics! Highlights included:
- Our Middle School Volleyball team captured the Conference Championship
- Each of our Varsity teams reached the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA) state playoffs
- Our Girls Varsity Basketball team captured their first-ever State Championship
- We had individual State Champions in Swimming and Track & Field
- 14 Davidson Day student-athletes were NCISAA All-State recipients
- Our athletics program finished 7th overall (of 29 schools) in the Wells Fargo Cup Class 2A standings
As a proud member of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA), our athletic program offers a wide variety of team sports for students in grades 5-12, at varying levels. Our students are provided with athletic opportunities that expose them to the valuable life lessons of teamwork, self-discipline, courage, and fortitude. We believe these experiences transcend sports and build confidence beyond athletics.
The 2019-20 season brings an added level of excitement as we enter new conferences at the Middle School (Foothills Association of Middle School Athletics) and Varsity (Foothills Athletics Conference) levels. As always, we have high expectations for our coaches, students, and parents, as it relates to sportsmanship and fair play. Our athletes, families, and fans alike should set a standard for all, in how we conduct ourselves before, during, and after athletic contests and events.
We encourage our fans to get involved with the Patriot Athletic Club (PAC). The PAC, in partnering with Davidson Day Athletics, plays a pivotal role in providing unwavering support, energy, and enthusiasm for our student-athletes and coaches. We are grateful for all they do in our community.
On behalf of the outstanding professionals that make up our athletic administration, staff, and coaches, thank you for your interest in our program. I also extend my sincere appreciation to the many families, friends, and alums for their support of our student-athletes.
Director of Athletics